Four Levels of Engagement
Sharing information – Developing relationships with each other
Jefferson e Funder Forum (JeFF) is a learning community of private and public funders. Participants gather on a quarterly basis to share information about what’s happening in the surrounding nine counties of northern California and Southern Oregon region (Siskiyou & Del Norte, Curry, Coos, Douglas, Jackson, Josephine, Klamath & Lake.)
Private & Public Funders
As an active learning community of private and public funders meetings focus on topics that impact the health and welfare of both the people and the environment of the region.
For Collection Action
Some JeFF participants may choose to work together on addressing identified regional issues. A few such issues have included the impact of Meth on the rural communities of southern Oregon; non-profit leadership and capacity building; food insecurity and its relationship to the larger food system; breaking down barriers for children, youth and families to achieve their education and economic potential; and improving high school graduation.
Results or Outcomes from What We have Learned and Planned
1. Meth Summits in Jackson County and Meth Task Forces in Douglas, Klamath and Josephine Counties.
2. Support for Non Profit Association of Oregon educational workshops.
3. Extending Prenatal Services to pregnant low-income women in Jackson County before the expansion of the Oregon Health Plan.
4. Initiating the Rogue Valley Food System Planning Process and Network with nonprofit & community partners.
5. Reinventing the Oregon Nonprofit Leaders Conference to support nonprofit leaders in the region.
6. The list continues…